Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In a state of shock

I found out yesterday afternoon that one of the guys I used to work very closely with died this past weekend. He had called in sick on Thursday and wasn't feeling well still on Friday. He didn't show up on Monday and wasn't answering phone calls, so they sent an officer to check on him... and the officer found him dead. I wasn't given any more details than that, and I don't know if any more is known by my ex-coworkers.

The only thing we can do right now is speculate. He was thin, so if it was a heart attack, it wasn't from his diet. Could it have been an aneurysm? He was perhaps a little older than I am (in his mid-30s?), so it wasn't just old age. Maybe it was the dreaded bird flu?

I am just in a state of total shock.

*UPDATE*
I spoke with his supervisor the other day, and it turns out that 1) he was 34, and 2) he had an aortic aneurysm. Pretty scary.