Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Things that Kids Say

I was going through my email this morning and got one of those "click for points" emails from Inbox Dollars. Well, this one triggered a memory. A while back, my mom told me that when I was in preschool, they had some questions they would ask the kids. One of them was, "What do you do when you get hungry?" My answer? "You die." Of course my mom was called in about this because they were very concerned for me. To which my mom laughed, because of all the "Sponsor a Child" commercials that pretty much said that lots of children die every year from hunger. What they didn't say is that there's a difference between hunger and starvation... so for whatever reason, I thought that you could die from being hungry!

Another thing I was afraid of as a kid... being sucked down the drain when the bathtub was being emptied. No matter how much my mom reassured me, I thought you could get sucked down the drain like you see in cartoons. I think about this every time I give my Little One a bath because she wants to stick her hand in the drain! Total opposite of me.