Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So... WTF?

1) My co-worker's wife's grandmother died early this year.
2) My grandmother died in March.
3) Another co-worker's grandmother died the same week.
4) My grandmother's brother died in April.
5) My aunt learned a couple of months ago that she has colon cancer.
6) My former boss (with whom I got along with) was in a serious motorcycle accident last Thursday and is currently in ICU.

It has been one HELL of a 2006 if you ask me. People say God only gives you what you can handle. He must think I'm the strongest person on the planet, because this is a LOT to take all in one go. It gets harder to focus on the good when so many (major) bad things happen so close together.

Focusing on the good:
1) I now have a job that's just 3 miles from home.
2) Hubby just got a cool new job.
3) My daughter is the funniest little girl in the world.
4) My dog is the sweetest dog in the world.
5) I'm almost done with my Master's degree (I graduate in August!).

Things I'm doing to make my (and my hubby's) life easier:
1) I just hired a lawn mowing service. It's hot as hell out (90 degrees+) and humid. Plus, we just don' t have the time anymore.
2) I'm working on finding a housekeeper. Our house is horribly messy and dirty, and again... no time to clean.

Things I'd like to do but can't afford right now:
1) Hire a personal chef

So I went off on a tangent. My mind wanders when I try to avoid thinking about bad things. Anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home