Thursday, January 10, 2008

Preggie Dream - Volcano

Ok, this one was a couple of nights ago, but it was still pretty vivid.

My husband, daughter and I were living in a house that was basically in a mountainside neighborhood. I was still pregnant in my dream (which I am IRL). I told Marc (my husband) that I was going to run down to pick up my friend Matt from Altoona as if it were a 20-minute drive. The drive to Altoona looked an awful lot like the drive between Lincroft and Eatontown, NJ on Swimming River Road. Sorry if you don't know the place. :) I came up to the turn to go over the bridge, and cars were stopped everywhere and there was a road closure going straight. I applied the brakes, but my car had shut off (I was not out of gas, and it's a fairly new car!), and kept coasting until I was finally able to get the car to stop. Then I noticed that ahead, there was steaming black lava on the road ahead. I managed to push the car to turn around and got to a point that I was able to get the car started again.

I was driving along the road to go back home, and I was on the cell phone with my aunt, who lives in GA. I was telling her about the volcano erupting in the middle of town, and I could see the red lava spewing from the top. It seemed so far away at the time. As I was getting closer to home, I noticed red splashes very close to the road that I for some reason thought were fumes and told my aunt that I could even see fumes from where I was. In the next minute, red molton lava made it onto the road and hit my car -- I could feel the heat. I told my aunt, "I love you, and tell Marc and everyone I love them too!"

Then I woke up.

I took a few breaths, telling myself that it wasn't real and there are no volcanoes in my general neighborhood. For some reason I thought, "If I could just make it to the ocean, I'll be fine."

So I fell back to sleep.

This time, I was on the beach with my husband, my daughter, and my aunt (not sure how she made it there from GA so quickly... and there are no beaches in the DC area, so just bear with me!), and there were a lot of cardboard boxes on the beach. My husband grabbed our daughter and a cardboard box and started out to sea, encouraging me to follow. I flagged down my aunt and asked her if she wanted to share a cardboard box so we could try to stay afloat. We both made it out to the bay as we watched the lava from the still-erupting volcano empty into the ocean.

We all found our way to another part of the bay, where there was a part of town that was untouched. There was a gas station, and there were pizza boxes on the ground. The people at the gas station encouraged us to come ashore and get something to eat. We all did, and all the pizza had pepperoni as a topping. I remember opening a fresh box and reaching for a piece.

Then I woke up.

Labels: , , , , , ,